304 North Cardinal St.
Dorchester Center, MA 02124
So, you want to get stronger?
Then you need the best pull up bars.
As we covered in our How To Be The Strongest guide, pull-ups are very important for strength training.
They have seriously defined health benefits and while they can be hard to begin with, once you master the pull-up, their benefits are very obvious.
Check out these amazing home pull up bar setups today. They’re all brilliant and there’s something for every budget.
The best value wall-mounted system that we could find, as good as any major brand.
This is professional grade equipment that really gives you an incredible workout.
Sets up easily on a joist. Perfect for urban loft installation.
It doesn’t matter how big you are, the ONETWOFIT pull up bar can handle it. In fact, it can handle up to 440 lbs. of weight.
It is, however, wall-mounted and that means you’re going to need to install it and you can’t move it around once it’s done.
That’s very easy though and all you need is a drill and it’s securely in place and ready to use.
Our fitness tracker tells us that it brings real results too.
This pull-up setup can also be transformed into a dip station, you just tilt the arms up and it’s ready to go. That adds quite a bit of extra value to the product.
1. Very easy to mount on a wall
2. Reviewers love it!
3. Built to last
1. You may need to buy lag bolts separately if installing into wood rather than concrete
2. May need a masonry drill bit for install
3. Not portable
Titan may not be a big name brand like Rogue but their products are excellent and this is a very fairly priced offering that you’ll find the perfect place to do pull ups or chin ups at home.
The TItan Fitness Pull Up Bar can carry a tremendous 500 lbs. of weight and that means everyone ought to be able to use it.
There’s enough width in the design of this model for you to be able to mount it easily on the studs which surround a doorway and it’s not hard to install.
1. You can put up to 500 lbs. of weight on this bar
2. The finished quality of the product is excellent – it’s very sturdy
3. The bar doesn’t spin under any circumstances if installed properly
1. May be some cosmetic damage to the paint work when these products are shipped
2. The bolts supplied with it aren’t the best quality – we swapped them out with our own
3. The instructions are taped to the inside of the packaging – why?
This is a Joist Mount Pull Up Bar that you install on a joist with only 4 screws. However, we confess – the mounting process is harder than it sounds and it can be frustrating.
This is a low cost product that is great for the budget-minded. If you have an older place with a funky vibe it may be the perfect pull-up bar for you.
Quick Fact: The steel is welded and commercial strength and built to last, it’s covered with high density foam padding to ensure that it’s not too hard on your hands as you workout.
1. If you have a unique frame that you want to make use of – this is great
2. It’s a low cost pull up solution that still works brilliantly
3. Can handle up 300 lbs. of weight which is pretty good
1. The product is from China and sadly, so are the instructions
2. Some people have given up during installation but we managed to get it done
3. Check the template carefully before drilling, some users have made mistakes
Tight budget, not much space except a doorway? Don’t worry about it. The Garren Fitness Maximiza has been waiting for you.
It is not a spring loaded piece of Chinese junk either and it can handle 300 lbs. without a problem.
However, it’s worth noting that unlike the other pull up bars in this review – it will spin and that means you need to use the appropriate grip with it.
Quick Fact: If you want to use this pull up bar in multiple locations, you need to buy multiple mounting kits as they cannot be easily uninstalled.
1. Super cheap and you can use it anywhere as long as you have a door frame
2. Completely portable, set up and remove very quickly without any hassle
3. Two sets of mounts – 150 lbs. and 300 lbs. are supplied in the box
1. The bar doesn’t stay in place and you need to use an over-under hand grip
2. Be careful about tightening it – you can damage your door frame if you overdo it
3. The mounting pads can damage the paintwork on the door frame
If you’re finding pull-ups to be too challenging, we recommend reading Think Like A Warrior? It will help you get in the right frame of mind to tackle them.