One thing that we’ve learned in the recent past is that you can’t rely on a gym to be open and that’s why eveyone needs one of our best exercise bikes.
They’re compact enough to fit in nearly any space, they give you an excellent cardio workout and all the health benefits they bring.
And many of them pack away easily to store at the end of a session too. Check them out!
The exercise bike of the moment, everyone wants one and rightly so, it’s excellent.
This is the sturdiest bike of them all and it’s a clear Peloton competitor and we think it has the edge.
Exerpeutic Folding Magnetic Upright Exercise Bike with Pulse
Exerpeutic Folding Exercise Bike is an excellent upright bike with a very smallfootprint which is very queit in use.
One thing that the Wattbike Atom is not, is cheap.
But if you can overlook that – you get an incredible exercise bike which really is the best on the market.
The build quality is absolutely exceptional – we think this ought to last for nearly a lifetime.
We also love the fact that you can get their Wattbike Hub app and use it forever, for free – unlike Peloton’s subscription version.
There’s no integrated screen with the Atom, you use your own – which ensures that you don’t have an easy point of failure on your expensive bike.
1. Exceptionally well made, this thing could be used in battle if it actually moved
2. The smart connectivity options are absolutely excellent
3. The app and the benefits are all free for life, no subscription fee
1. It’s expensive, there’s no doubt about that
2. There’s no built in screen which means you need your own
3. Only a two-year warranty
It was a close run thing between the Peloton Bike and the Wattbike Atom and the real difference, to us, is the lifetime cost of ownership.
The Peloton is slightly cheaper than the Atom but the monthly subscription free for their classes adds up really fast.
There are also a lot of expensive options you can buy that can bump up the price to more than that of the Atom.
Peloton allow all new purchasers to try the bike at home for 30 days and if you don’t like it, they collect and give you all your money back, no questions asked.
1. Very well made, again we feel that a Peloton is a lifetime possession
2. The live classes are what makes Peloton so popular
3. The integrated screen is high quality and a decent size
1. If you don’t like their classes – you can’t do anything else with the screen
2. You have to pay an expensive monthly subscription to the classes if you want them
3. The optional addons are very nice but also very expensive
Exerpeutic Folding Magnetic Upright Exercise Bike with Pulse
For those in a slightly more modest budget class then the Exerpeutic Folding Exercise Bike is an excellent upright bike with a very smallfootprint which is very queit in use.
And when it’s not in use, it folds down to an ever smaller footprint so that you can store it without fuss in a closet.
The LCD display is basic but provides all the data that you really need to know.
This uses an 8-level “magnetic tension” control to allow you to decide just how much of a workout that you need during each exercise session.
1. The price, this is very affordable and ideal for a first time exercise bike
2. Space-spaving and you can easily move it and store it when not in use
3. The LCD screen is easy to read
1. It’s not quite fully upright which can be hard on some people’s backs
2. The pedal straps are flimsy and need regular replacement
3. Only 3 digits (well and another past the decimal point) before it resets
Marcy Exercise Upright Fan Bike for Cardio Training and Workout AIR-1
If you want your upright exercise bike to do a total body workout then you want to give the Marcy Exercise Fan Bike some serious consideration.
The dual-action design means that you upper body gets a work out while you pedal and the fan wheel creates resistance as you go.
The same wheel produces an airflow to cool you down!
The LCD Window on this device measures 2” x 1” which is just big enough to get the data you need about your workout.
1. This is a very easy to assemble machine
2. The moving handles make the arm workout a real bonus
3. The LCD display is clear and has enough information
XTERRA Fitness FB150 Folding Exercise Bike
This is a very low cost folding bike.
However, you should be aware that the XTERRA Fitness FB150 can only support up to 225 lbs. of weight unlike the 300 lbs. most other bikes can handle.
It’s also not the best of bikes for tall people as it has a very low profile.
The XTERRA offering is less than $200 and that makes it the perfect choice for a fitness fan who can’t splash out big bucks for their exercise bike.
1. Super cheap, in fact, we can’t think of any bike cheaper than this one
2. It has a very small footprint and can easily fit in most spaces
3. It has wheels on the base to move it around with
1. It’s not particularly well-built
2. It has a very low weight limit
3. It’s not great for tall users
Marcy Recumbent Exercise Bike with Resistance ME-709
For a little more cash, though, you can get the Marcy Recumbent Exercise Bike.
This is a particularly good choice for seniros as it offers a much lower impact workout on the joints.
It is also very comfortable to use with quality seat padding and solid straps for your feet.
The pedals on this exercise bike use a unique counterbalancing technology which ensures you always get the perfect level of support on your feet without pushing your knees.
1. We gave this one to our 75 year old gran and she put it together in 10 minutes, easily
2. Very safe to use – low impact on joints
3. Good value for money
1. It’s not ideal for more than one user as adjusting the machine is time consuming
2. Pacakging wasn’t in the best of shape on the one we bought
3. The instruction manual is really poor quality
Exerpeutic ExerWorK 1000 Fully Adjustable Desk Folding Exercise Bike with Pulse
We’re all working at home nowadays, so why not make the most of it and get fit while you work?
That’s where the Experpeutic ExerWork 1000 comes in.
It’s completely recumbent with a desktop over the top, so you can cycle and type at the same time.
It looks pretty silly when you first glance at it, but it really works – everyone in our house wanted a turn.
This bike is also designed to fold away for easy storage, you don’t have to take any parts off to fold it up, which is very handy.
1. You can work and exercise at the same time
2. Reasonably priced
3. Folds away and moves easily
1. Can sound terrible at times as you workout
2. Not ideal for shorter body types
3. No bluetooth or smart app support
DeskCycle Under Desk Bike Pedal Exerciser
We don’t think that the DeskCycle Under Desk Bike is exactly the same as a full exercise bike but if you have no space and you still want to exercise, it is better than nothing.
It’s also cheaply priced which can make it an attractive option to get the exercise ball rolling as it were.
The height of the desk you can place it under depends on your height, at 5’ 8” you can set a table as low as 27” over the desk bike but if you’re taller, you’ll need more space.
1. Very small footprint – keep it anywhere
2. You can work and exercise
3. Fairly low cost
1. Not as thorough a workout as other bikes
2. Won’t fit under all desks depending on your height
3. If the floor is polished, it can slip on it
We like to wear a fitness tracker on our bike to get the best data on our performance.
You might want to give that a try too.